Carousel: Koka | Member Experiences
Living in London, very thankfully, means that you’re able to experience a great deal of amazing, exciting, awe-inspiring, irreverent, unconventional, absorbing, fascinating, captivating, thought-provoking and challenging things.
Not nearly enough of which are meals personally cooked for you by top chefs pulled in from the planet’s best restaurants.
Until now. Thanks to the veritable chameleon of a restaurant that is Carousel.
Next month they’ve invited Koka, the modern reincarnation of Björn Persson’s highly regarded restaurant, Kock & Vin. Koka earned itself a Michelin Star earlier this year, and was in 2014 voted the best restaurant in Sweden. Now they’re here to showcase their down to earth, rich flavoured cooking from the 7th-18th June.
Aaaannnnd Nudge members are getting an extra special version of their West Swedish menu (with an additional welcome cocktail made from ingredients Koka are literally going to forage for you from the English countryside, a cocktail demonstration so you can recreate it at home, and additional wine pairings on all of the courses), where for £49.50 per head, you and your guests will be served –
1) That welcome cocktail we just mentioned, the contents of which are a secret because they don’t currently exist.
2) Fresh, early summer yellow peas with lovage, hand-picked by the Koka and Carousel team in the wild in Kent, and green asparagus with salty cod roe and ramson onion (AKA wild garlic or bear’s garlic) to snack on.
3) Cornish mackerel and mussels with foraged sorrel, paired with a glass of dry Austrian reisling – Strasser Weinberge M&A Arndorfer (2013).
4) White asparagus with citrusy spruce shoots and goat’s cheese, paired with Domaine Henri Pellé Menetou-Salon Morogues (2014), a crisper cousin of the better-known Sancerre.
5) Roasted pork belly with beetroots and Koka’s bucketlist-worthy blackcurrant mustard, paired with Unlitro di Ampeleia (2014), a light Tuscan grenache-style wine.
6) Blueberry with fennel seed and akvavit, paired with a glass of Casa Coste Piane Conegliano-Valdobbiadene NV.
Living in London, huh.
Cost – £49.50 per head, plus service, because you’re good like that.
When & Where – Tuesday 14th June, 7:30pm | Carousel: 71 Blandford St, Marylebone, W1U 8AB.
Please note that although this is a set menu, it’s still dependent on the freshest produce available on the day in question, so dishes may change accordingly.
Access – For booking instructions please open the padlocked chest on this page.
NOTE: Carousel are a Nudge members Perk’s partner, meaning that if you miss out on tickets for the preview on 12th April, you can still book in for any other night and will – if you take your Nudge membership card along– receive a complimentary welcome cocktail.
Not a Nudge member? Join the waiting list for more information HERE.