The Best Things To Do In A London Heatwave
You wouldn’t think that London regularly bakes in extreme sunshine.
And you’d be right.
However, very occasionally it does just that. Like right now.
Yes, it’s taken us by surprise. And yes, we reacted to that surprise by complaining that it was too hot. But right after we’d finished complaining, the first thing we did was eat an ice-cream. And the second thing we did was pull together an exhaustive list of fourteen – yes FOURTEEN – things you can do in London when sweating like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs…
Behold our humble suggestions for the very best things to do in a London heatwave –
1. Cool down at Molly Bakes. Because Molly freezes, too.
2. Top up your t-shirt tan at the fountain-filled Granary Square, then get lunch at KERB under the covered market…
3. Cool off with a cocktail at one of the best rooftop bars in London
4. Grab a bite from the rooftop garden at quirky Spitalfields pub, The Culpepper
5. Find your zen by a peacock-inhabited waterfall at Kyoto Garden in Holland Park
6. Trade in suncream for ice cream at Chin Chin Labs, London’s pioneers of liquid nitrogen ice cream:
7. Practice your strokes at the beautifully retro London Field Lido
8. Hipster watch from a rooftop seat at Boundary in Shoreditch
9. Strip off at Hampstead Heath and brave the swimming ponds
10. Have an ice cream sandwich (or three) at Blu Top
11. Enjoy ice cold beers with a view at Hackney rooftop Netil 360
12. Feast on BBQ and ice cream at festoon-lit tropical beach paradise, The Beach Bar
13. Watch the sun set while you sip negronis on the top of a multi-storey carpark at Franks Cafe
Particularly enjoyed no. 1, 6 and 10? Then you’ll prooobably enjoy our Central London ice cream crawl, too