DDC Summer Picnic & BBQ
Last year we laid on a picnic for Nudge readers.
It totally ruined the sandwiches.
So this year we’re stepping aside in order to allow Disappearing Dining Club to host an all day picnic and BBQ which, for the following five reasons, is the perfect way to bid farewell to summer:
1) The Plan: 10 hours of picnic baskets; BBQ; live music from a large ukulele band; DJs; sing-alongs; cocktails and discoing.
2) The Location: A brand new, alfresco wonderland known as The Paperworks. Previously a patch of waste ground languishing next to London Bridge, it now feels like a cross between Berlin, Barcelona, Ibiza, Melbourne and, erm, London, featuring – appropriately for a summery urban paradise – sun decks, astroturf lawns, gardens of wildflowers perched atop shipping container bars, bean bag loungers and picnic benches.
3) The Consumables: Picnic baskets filled with potted meats, DDC pickles and sourdough from St John. Cold lagers, cocktails, Australian wines courtesy of Brown Brothers and sunshine-friendly, thirst-quenching sangrias. Barbecued squid, prawn, lemon & chipotle skewers and salt-grilled picanha. Louisiana Rub pork, olive oil-baked beets, grilled haloumi, big summer salads and DIY Eton Mess. “DIY” being shorthand for, “All You Can Eat”.
4) The Exclusivity: Tickets have literally just gone on sale. And by virtue of the fact that you’re hearing about this before anyone else, you have first dibs.
5) The Weather: It’s happening on Saturday 30th August (from 1pm-11pm). A janitor we know at the Met Office has wagered £500 that it’s going to be hot and sunny all day.
Bet he cleans up.
NOTE: When the sun goes down at the end of this event, there’ll only be 16 more Saturdays ‘til Christmas.
ALSO NOTE: It’s happening on Saturday 30th August 2014, tickets cost £46 per person + booking fee (including all food, a welcome cocktail, two glasses of wine, all entertainment and a £1 donation to The Teenage Cancer Trust) and are now on sale HERE.
DDC Summer BBQ | The Paperworks, 48-50 Newington, Causeway, SE1 6DR
Enjoy interesting pop up experiences? Check out The Nudge’s guide to the best of pop up London.