Her Majesty’s Brunch at Bourne and Hollingsworth | Partner Content
She may be turning 90, but her portrait is still right on the money.
And her loyal subjects at Bourne & Hollingsworth are keen to celebrate her continued reign by taking their already oversubscribed, excellent brunch, and amping it up several very regal notches.
Welcome to Her Majesty’s Brunch.
It’ll take place outdoors in the glorious sunshine of Spa Fields, Clerkenwell, on Saturday 11th June (The Queen’s Official Birthday), and will involve the following:
1) An open-air bar set up just for the occasion with B&H barkeeps mixing cocktails including their gin & marmalade loaded ‘Breakfast is the Most Important Drink of the Day’, and the ‘Mary-esque Bloody Republicans!’.
2) A menu created by executive chef Adam Grey (cooked in a very open kitchen set up in the park) involving pastries, English cheeses & charcuterie, muffins topped with spinach & poached eggs, roasted tomatoes, free-range Cumberland sausage, and free-range back bacon.
3) Table service for said menu across the sun drenched Clerkenwell park. So, yes, you’ll be treated to a continual array of treats as and when you request them, delivered to the most alfresco table you’ve ever sat at, underneath the British summer. And in the case of not-so-good weather? Fear not: they have a giant marquee on standby.
4) Live acoustic music from a gipsy band (and a little easy listening later in the day).
5) Traditional games including croquet, petanque, tug of war, and even a coconut shy.
6) A shepherd’s hut with a Bloody Mary workshop open, all day.
7) Guests dressed in linen suits, flowery dresses, Taffeta and Lace, Panama hats, spats and similarly classy apparel.
That last one’s the crown jewel.
NOTE: Her Majesty’s Brunch by Bourne & Hollingsworth takes place on 11th June. Tickets are priced at £35 and include a seated brunch, private access to the park area, B&H popup cocktail bar, and all games and entertainments, and can be purchased HERE. For more information, please either email [email protected] or call 020 3174 1156.
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial