Battersea Power Station’s Light Up Winter | Partner Content
We’d love to give people something magically festive this season… but we just don’t have the gift.
The people at Battersea Power Station, however, very much do.
And the evidence is pretty plain to see in the lineup of festive events, shows, workshops, food & drink, live music, and more that they have planned. There’s even going to be an interactive Christmas tree installation next to the river. It’s all going down throughout December (and a little into January) and will take place right across the iconic building’s bustling new neighbourhood, Circus West Village. Here’s what to expect:
- An extremely inventive Christmas tree – almost more of an art installation, this 7m tall beauty was designed by Paris-based Studio Bruyant, and is completely interactive. You can trigger an animated light show, and explore underneath its huge span to reveal yet more immersive elements.
- A family-friendly play by Michael Morpurgo who was also responsible for the stone-cold classic that is War Horse. It’s called Mimi and the Mountain Dragon, and it’s got some fantastic puppetry with dragons, blankets of snow, and even a few songs.
- Festive food & drink from the neighbourhood’s top-shelf globe-spanning lineup of restaurants, including Spanish food from the newly-opened Tapas Brindisa, seafood from the Wright Brothers, classic Italian from Fiume, warming winter cocktails from No.29 Power Station West, and contemporary Indian from Vivek Singh’s Cinnamon Kitchen… the latter of which will also be hosting a little live jazz each Friday.
- Christmas workshops including a Christmas wreath-making masterclass from florist Moyses Stevens; a little festive candle-making (in which you’ll get to choose from an array of seasonal fragrances and dyes); and a Paint Jam social painting workshop with a bar, DJ and free mince pies.
- Live music every Thursday & Friday evening and Saturday & Sunday afternoons from the end of November, with a range of soloists and duos playing their finest upbeat tunes under Grosvenor Arch and on the Piazza.
All in all, it’s looking preeeetty magical. And when you have a gift like that…
…you need to take a bow.
NOTE: Battersea Power Station’s Light Up Winter starts on the 29th of November, with a launch over the weekend of the 1st & 2nd of December. You can find out more about the events at their website right HERE.
Circus West Village | Battersea Power Station, Circus Road West, London SW11 8AH
Want to grab a drink while you’re there? Head down to No. 29 Power Station West