Kerb have finally moved off the pavement.
In 2019, they found their first permanent home indoors, at the vast 24,000 square foot 19th century former banana warehouse in Covent Garden. That’s given them enough space for 11 of the city’s finest traders, plus a couple of bars, and a bookshop. But you’re probably here for the street food, which you can find both upstairs and down, at places like:
- Nanban – Masterchef winner Tom Anderson’s take on Japanese food, which he describes as “Like Wagamama on acid”.
- Club Mexicana – The city’s best vegan Mexican food, hands down.
- The Cheese Bar – It’s literally a conveyor belt of cheese.
- From the Ashes – Nose-to-tail BBQ with beef fat potatoes.
- Longboys – They sell doughnuts, only they’re long, eclair-like brioche buns stuffed with delicious toppings.
- Bong Bong’s Manila Kanteen – An excellent Filipino eatery from street food outfit BBQ Dreamz.
- Truffle Burger – It’s exactly what it sounds like: burgers loaded with obscene amounts of truffle.
After that, there are the two bars. Upstairs is Bar Nana – where you can get a rum punch, a glass of wine, or a freshly pulled pint of Gypsy Hill beer – while the downstairs bar is creatively called The Downstairs Bar, where you can get a few natural wines, and a sip of the market’s own house-label lager.
And finally, there’s that bookshop. Not only do they have a lot of hunger-inducing titles (cookbooks, chef biographies, etc.) but they also proudly claim to be the only bookshop in London with dedicated space for eating & drinking as you browse.
Which is bananas.
NOTE: Kerb Seven Dials is open Mon-Sat 11am-11pm, and Sun 12-10.30pm. You can find out more at their website right HERE.
Kerb Seven Dials | Earlham Street, WC2H 9QW
Want some good ol’ stationary cheese? Well, here are the best places in London to eat the stuff.
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial