Lardo | Hackney Restaurant
Lardo, in six sentences:
1) It’s named after the expertly cured back-fat of a pig, which, you can order as a topping for your pizza.
2) That pizza comes from a pièce de résistance disco ball, wood-fired oven in the centre of an open square kitchen.
3) That open square kitchen is fenced by a stooled bar of thick dark-wood panes over which chefs hastily prepare your food.
4) That food is a variety of modern Italian small-plates, divided into ‘cold’, ‘warm’, and ‘hearty’, and a selection of pizza and pasta dishes all made from scratch with fresh ingredients.
5) Those fresh ingredients combine to produce things like swordfish carpaccio with purslane, which will be hastily whipped out to you by one of the enthusiastic wait-staff.
6) Those enthusiastic wait-staff also deliver over thirteen different types of spirits, alongside classic cocktails, Italian wine and bubbles.
NOTE: You can see all availability (and reserve tables) directly HERE. Alternatively, for reservations of more than 7 people please call 020 8985 2683.
Lardo | 197 – 205 Richmond Rd, London E8 3NJ
Like unusual restaurants? Check out our excellent guide to the most unusual restaurants in London.