The Winter Forest at Broadgate
Fairylit fence posts, snow-capped pine trees and giant tipis.
They all point to one thing….
But they also signal the arrival of The Winter Forest at Broadgate; a Nordic-inspired festive hideaway that recently sprung up right behind Liverpool Street Station. Home to a fairytale forest of wintry pines, strings of festoon lighting and 3 oversized tipis, it’s essentially a very beautiful one-stop shop for all things festive. Namely:
1) A pop up carvery in a giant tipi. It’s called the Tipi Bar & Grill, and inside it they’re plating up roast pork, gammon or turkey served inside Yorkshire pudding wraps, complete with veg and gravy, as well as sides like roast potatoes and cheese on toast;
2) A secret private dining area known as The Hideaway, where you can book communal tables for festive gatherings and tuck into more formal versions of their Bar & Grill Menu;
3) A decadent charity supperclub on the 18th December, run by high-end chicken purveyors Schmaltz, and featuring dishes like raclette, truffle-stuffed chicken and wood-fire grilled lobster;
4) The tipi cinema, screening festive classics like Scrooge and The Muppets Christmas Carol to enjoy amidst plush beanbags and popcorn on the house;
5) A toasty bar area which, like most self-respecting festive hostelries, specialises in mulled wine and cider…but, unlike most festive hostelries, allows you to pimp those drinks with an extra shot of cherry brandy or amaretto;
6) Live festive music from up-and-coming acoustic artists every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night; and
7) An independent Christmas craft market curated by the Wonderland Collective and hosting a bevy of traders flogging a range of highly giftable ceramics, homeware, prints, jewellery and more…
All of which, to summarise, means that you can do your Christmas shopping here while drinking boozy cocktails; eating out; listening to live music; and watching Christmas films inside a tipi.
No trouble for a multitasker of your calibre…
NOTE: The Winter Forest at Broadgate is open Monday-Saturday (11am-11pm) and Sunday (11am-6pm) until 12th January 2018. Entry is free and there’s no need to reserve a table at the Tipi Bar & Grill, but you can reserve for group bookings in the Hideaway HERE. The Schmaltz supperclub takes place on 18th December and costs £50pp (including a 3 course meal, 2 drinks and a 20% donation to Centrepoint) – you can book in for that right HERE.
The Winter Forest at Broadgate | Exchange Square, EC2A 2EH