Chinese Food Festival 2019
The Chinese Food Festival is back for a fifth year this August.
And boy, is there a lot to celebrate.
Taking over Potters Fields park for the weekend, overlooking the river, there’ll be a glut of food stands from some of the best Asian restaurants and street food vendors in the city. So far, the line-up’s set to include:
- Master Wei, the famously popular and long-awaited Bloomsbury noodle spot from chef Wei Guirong;
- Taiwanese treats from Spitalfields Market vendors Wheelcake Island;
- Numbingly spicy Szechuan noodles from rising residency stars, Liu Xiaomian;
- Comfort food from the streets of Taiwan with Jiaba;
- The widely acclaimed Mei Ume, restaurant at London’s Four Seasons Hotel;
- Traditional dumplings crossed with Western fillings by Soho’s Ugly Dumpling; and
- Fruit and bubble tea stalls, plus baijiu and rice wine bars.
Besides all that, you’ll also find the Lee Kum Kee kitchen, where you can learn to make a couple of classic Chinese dishes; and the Han Culture centre, which will be hosting tea tastings, traditional Hanfu clothing hire, and music and dance performances throughout the day.
NOTE: The Chinese Food Festival took place from 30th August – 1st September 2019.
Chinese Food Festival | Potters Fields Park, Tower Bridge Road, SE1 2AA
Love Chinese food? Check out our guide to London’s Chinatown