Gravity London | Huge Arcade & Activity Bar in Wandsworth
A vast competitive activity bar has opened in South London, called Gravity.
And it’ll have no problem pulling you in.
Where one might feel spoiled to find one or even two different games within a single venue, Gravity London packs in eight across three floors, covering 100,000 sq ft in total. It’s all housed in a former department store down in Wandsworth, and there’s a whooooole lot going on, starting with a gigantic E-GoKarting circuit that stretches across two floors. Each go-karting race lasts 8 minutes, and while that might sound like it’d whizz by, it’s unexpectedly knackering – plus you’ll need time to explore everything else at Gravity.
So what else do they have packed in at Gravity London? Well, there’s:
- A 14-lane bowling alley souped up with augmented reality, which you can book for 60 or 110 minutes. The lanes themselves morph and change as the ball runs down them, and it’s bonkers.
- Urban street golf, set against the backdrop of NYC’s most famous sights. This neon-soaked crazy golf course has jumps, loops, traps, you name it.
- A digital darts zone with augmented reality tech. Taking a leaf out of Flight Club’s book, the lanes here all have digital tech helping keep score and project games onto the board. You can book 60 or 90 minute slots.
- An Immersive Gamebox – if you’ve never been, read about the original Immersive Gamebox in Southwark here, it’s amazing. There are three different arenas, and they basically immerse you into a video game. And it’s particularly entertaining at Gravity London, because you can watch other players frantically dashing around from one of the bar areas.
- Hologate – a little like Sandbox VR, it’s a free-roam VR experience where you can see your friends within the virtual world… then mercilessly crush their high scores.
And when the neon lights, pumping soundtracks and high-octane tech-infused action gets too much? Retire for refreshments at Gravity London’s considerably less high-octane and tech-infused bars. Newton’s serves up cocktails, while Gravity Social is kitted out with pool tables and hosts free live music every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm. And then there’s the food hall, with eight vendors to pick between including, er, wings by DJ Khaled, 800 Degrees Pizza over from the US, an outpost of Dirty Bones, and more.
You know, just in case things weren’t competitive enough for you.
NOTE: Gravity London is open now. There’s no need to prebook any of the activities, but it’s worth doing to guarantee a slot. You can do that, and find out more, at their website HERE.
Gravity London | Southside Wandsworth, Wandsworth High Street, SW18 4TF
Like games & booze? Check out London’s top activity bars…
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial