Creativity is good for you.
It’s not an original thought, but it’s an important one.
And helping you to unleash your own inner artistic potential are Hackney Arts, who have recently announced their upcoming programme of workshops, masterclasses and interactive sessions.
The idea is to give local artists the opportunity to bring their work to a wider audience, whilst loading you up with an enviable repertoire of new skills. So expect classes that err on the side of the unusual, eclectic and motivational, including:
- Herbal Remedy Making (learn how to make your own lip balms, bath salts, essential oil, and more)
- A Wax Ring Workshop with Emma Aitchison (a pro, sustainable designer who’ll provide the jewellery wax)
- Make Your Own Mini Mural (with positive artist Naomi Edmondson)
- A Clay Workshop at Studio Lune (walk away with a mug, not feeling like one)
- Street Photography Masterclass (with esteemed documentary snapper Charle Kwai)
- Floristry Masterclass (from a local florist who arranges the blooms at Claridges)
You’ll find them taking place in quirky venues like the wine-op-tap Mecca that is Martello Hall, the bohemian Café 1001, the extraordinary Hackney Downs Studio, and more.
And that is pretty original.
NOTE: Sorry, this series has now ended.
Like the idea of becoming a creative genius? Then we have a guide for you…
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial