KERB and Monkey Shoulder Present Burns Hootenanny | Och Aye
We don’t follow tradition.
Neither did our fathers, or their fathers before them.
Thankfully however, there are those who do. Like the people at KERB, who’re teaming up with Monkey Shoulder whisky to throw what might well be the greatest Burns Night outside of Scotland, ever.
It’ll take place over two nights in January, in Bermondsey’s Biscuit Factory, which has been entirely refitted to house:
1) Five vaunted Scottish traders hand-picked by KERB who’ve created one-off dishes specially for the event, including slow-cooked venison tacos from Deenys; oysters with whisky dressing from Oyster Boy; haggis mac ‘n’ cheese from The Wild Game Co.; and build-your-own whisky sundae’s from Nonna’s Gelato.
2) Three bars, plus a whisky den serving up Lazy Old Fashioneds.
3) Live music and dancing from the all-electric, bass-heavy Monster Ceilidh, as well as DJs before and after.
4) Highland-themed games like corn hole, sheep shearing, and Donald Trump’s crazy golf course.
5) A poetry slam corner (as rhymes go, this one’s on the border).
6) The “addressing of the haggis”.
After which, it will be delivered directly to your stomach.
NOTE: KERB and Monkey Shoulder Present Burns Hootenanny has now taken place.
But don’t worry, you can find plenty more current London pop ups here…