The word legend gets thrown around a lot these days.
But LA chef Nancy Silverton? Well, she is one.
You may have seen her on Netflix’s Chef’s Table. Or, perhaps, you’ve just seen her for the very first time in the photograph above. Either way, Nancy’s the reason that you eat sourdough bread, thanks to the massively influential LaBrea Bakery that she opened three decades ago. Ms Silverton’s won so many awards, in fact, that we can’t even list them here (but they include three James Beards, which are pretty much The Oscars of the US food scene). It almost goes without saying that she has a Michelin Star.
And in a few weeks’ time (26th – 30th March 2018) Nancy and her team are being flown over to London from LA to star in a one week residency at Old Street newcomer Passo, where they’ll be serving up a very special seven-course tasting menu of some of the greatest, most iconic dishes from Nancy’s 30 year career.. for just £48 per head.
It’s Nancy’s first ever residency outside the US, so you maaaay wish to be there.
Secure a ticket for one of these seven course tasting dinners (which you ought to do, before they sell out) and you’ll be primed to enjoy….
- Marinaded olives & pecorino, plus fett’unta (possibly the best bruschetta you’ll ever have) with beef drippings.
- A selection of cheeses from Nancy’s famed mozzarella bar (Zagat said that she’d “perfected the art of cheese”).
- Her revered chopped salad (you’ll find recipes for it everywhere online).
- Orecchiette with sausage & Swiss chard.
- Handmade ricotta and brown butter ravioli from Nancy’s vaunted restaurant Osteria Mozza.
- Chi Spacca’s grilled octopus with pureed and fried ceci.
- Porcini-rubbed beef short-rib with salsa verde.
- Roasted cauliflower with crushed lemon Bagna Cauda (it’s a bit like an Italian fondue), and sautéed broccoli with chilli & vinegar.
And to cap it all off, you’ll then get to enjoy desserts like the “Butterscotch Budino” created by Nancy’s favourite pastry chef, Dahlia….
It really is the stuff of legends.
NOTE: Tickets for Nancy’s residency at Passo (taking place from the 26th-30th March) are on sale now, at £48pp for seven courses, shared between two people. Get your tickets before they sell out riiiight HERE.
Passo | 80 City Road, EC1Y 2AS