Today marks the first annual National Burger Day Party Awareness Day.
And to honour the occasion, we’re making you aware of the National Burger Day Party taking place this Friday, 27th August. It’s all going down at Vinegar Yard in London Bridge, where you’ll be able to eat precisely one metric f**k-ton of the best burgers in the city on their sun-soaked mezzanine terrace. Speaking of which, the weather is currently set to be nothing less than gorgeous.
So just what is National Burger Day? Well, it’s a good excuse for events like this, basically. It was invented by an American ex-pat who apparently loves both burgers & stereotypes, and it’s been running for seven years now. At this particular party, the organisers have gathered a pretty impressive lineup of bun-slingers to feed you with their wares (don’t worry, everything is slider-sized, so you can try pretty much all of them). On the roster you’ll find:
- Bleecker Street Burger – started by a high-powered lawyer who became obsessed with perfecting the burger, Bleeker is revered by the London blogger community.
- Black Bear Burger – Despite the name, their burgers are made from beef. Specifically from a small farm in Devon.
- BOB’s Lobster – Yes, these guys do lobster burgers, and they’re every bit as delicious as they sound.
- Chef Adam Rawson – Winner of the ‘Slider Decider’ competition two years running, Rawson promises something new and inventive for the event.
- Nanny Bill’s – NB became famous for their gravy-dipped burgers, but they have a lot more on the menu to be proud of too.
- Baba G’s – Winner of the BBC’s Million Pound Menu, their Bhangra Burger is the Indo-American fusion you never knew you desperately wanted.
- Symplicity burgers – BBQ maestro Neil Rankin might be the last person you’d expect to do this, but he’s created a bewilderingly good all-vegan burger.
- Bad Boys Pizza Society – What are these guys doing on this list? Cheeseburger pizza, that’s what.
Tickets are priced at just £12 and include a couple of complimentary cans of Two Tribes lager or ale (or soft drinks), and of course there’s plenty more to get from the venue’s two bars. And while you’re there, you can always check out some Mad Max-inspired art in their sculpture workshop, or get a quick pick-me-up from the Gentlemen Baristas. Because let’s face it, after all those burgers…
…you will need picking up.
NOTE: The National Burger Day Party takes place on Friday, 27th August at Vinegar Yard. Tickets cost 12 and are available right HERE.
Vinegar Yard | 72-82 St Thomas Street, SE1 3QU
Like the sound of Vinegar Yard? Check out Flat Iron Square…
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial