Sunday Feasts at Marcella
Amazing news alert: Marcella are doing Italian Sunday Feasts.
The pared-back, slightly retro-styled Deptford restaurant is the sister eatery to the critically acclaimed Artusi in Peckham. They’ve already got a pretty good rep for the elegant menu they serve up in their minimalist dining room, with its copper-clad bar and airy floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the high street.
But as of this month, they’re also offering up a gluttonous Italian Feast every last Sunday of the month, plating up huge sharing portions of pasta, fresh fish and homemade desserts. Their first event’s taking place at the end of August, when they’ll be polishing up their communal tables, and heaping on a spread of…
- Gnoccho fritto, lardo and parmesan;
- Fried artichokes with aioli;
- A salad of bull’s heart tomato, watercress, mint and ricotta;
- Old Spot pork jowl with a peach mostarda (a fruity mustard chutney);
- Speck and Mascarpone tortelloni;
- Whole stuffed sea bass, served with rosemary potatoes, courgettes and olives; aaand
- Doughnuts and ice cream to top the whole thing off.
And that’s the whole scoop.
NOTE: Sunday Feasts at Marcella kick off on 27th August. There’ll be two sittings, one at 12.30pm and one at 4pm. Both cost £30pp + service and can be purchased right HERE.
Marcella | 165A Deptford High Street, SE8 3NU
Like supperclubs? Check out our list of pop up eateries this month.