Wilfully ignoring the old ‘too many cooks’ adage, Luke Findlay’s inviting a host of guest chefs to join him in the kitchens at his Kingsland Road noodle shop this Spring.
And when the cooks are this talented, there’s no way that broth’s getting spoilt.
Supa Ya Ramen’s already built a rep for serving amazing, ‘traditionally inauthentic’ twists on the Japanese noodle dish. And those twists will be getting even more adventurous when – on various Saturdays throughout January, February and March – a veritable who’s who of rising London chefs come in to collaborate. They’ll each craft a special menu of two snacks and a ramen dish infused with their own signature flavours, as well as taking control of the sound system to curate their own playlist for the day.
It’s the first in what Findlay’s promising will be a recurring series in 2022, and the opening line up is as follows:
- Black Axe Mangal chef Megan Moore (16th January);
- Ixta Belfrage (30th January), co-author on Ottolenghi’s Flavour and rapidly making a name for her unique combination of Italian, Mexican and Brazilian culinary styles;
- Ling Lings (6th February), the Asian fusion kitchen currently in residence at The Gun in Hackney, plucking plates from Vietnam, Thailand, Korea and China;
- Spasia Dinkovski, a.k.a Mystic Borek (20th February), whose takes on the Balkan dish have won a cult following;
- Two Hot Asians (27th February), creators of umami-laden sauces and serial pop-up collaborators; and
- The Little Sauce (6th March), Middle Eastern supperclub host and hot sauce fashioner, Suzi Bakos.
Given the calibre of chefs involved, this is the kind of series that’ll sell like hotcakes. Luckily, though, they’ve got a fairly egalitarian system going: tickets will be released each Monday for the upcoming weekend’s takeover, which you’ll be able to reserve on Resy.
NOTE: The Supa Ya Ramen Guest Series kicks off on 16th January. Tickets cost £30pp (for two snacks and a main), and it’s BYOB. Tickets go live at 10am on the Monday before each event on Resy, here.
Supa Ya Ramen | 499 Kingsland Road, London E8 4AU
Hungry for takeovers? Check out the best pop-up restaurants in London this month