The Hawksmoor Cooks’ Room | Guest Chef Series
Below the Hawksmoor in Borough Market, you’ll find a very cosy little space.
It’s called the Cooks’ Room, and it’s got a single 18-seater line of banqueting tables opposite an open kitchen. It’s basically a private dining room with its own private chef.
And as of this month, on the last Friday of every month until November, they’ll be inviting one of the country’s most revered culinary stars in to be that chef, and you to be on that banqueting table. They’ll be invited to create their own versions of a classic Hawksmoor meal, collaborating with the Hawksmoor chefs Richard Turner & Matt Brown should they fancy. Here’s how the lineup is looking:
- 28th February – Ben Tish, cookbook author, trained under Jason Atherton, the show runner at the Sicilian-style Norma
- 27th March – Sean Searley, head man at the Quality Chop House since 2012
- 24th April – Kimberley Hernandez, former head chef at XU, and now at the Chinese standout Kym’s
- 29th May – Lisa Allen, Michelin Star winning head chef at Northcote Manor
- 26th June – James Knappett, the double-Michelin Star winning head chef at Kitchen Table
- 31st July – Nathan Outlaw, another Two Michelin Star winning chef, who might be the best seafood chef in the country
- 28th August – A Special Meatopia Guest Chef
- 25th September – Tom Kerridge, whose gastropubs have three Michelin Stars between them
- 30th October – Kian Samyani, head chef at Berenjak, which won a Bib Gourmand in this year’s list
- 26th November – A Hawksmoor Thanksgiving with Matt Brown
- 27th November – Henry Harris, the near legendary chef behind gastros like The Hero of Maida & The Coach
Tickets come in at a punchy £150 per person, but will certainly sate every appetite. And everything comes wine paired, too.
NOTE: Sadly this dining series has been cancelled – but you can now visit your favourite Hawksmoor again. You can check opening times and make a booking right HERE.
Hawksmoor Borough | 16 Winchester Walk, SE1 9AQ
Like The Hawksmoor? Check out their place in the Seven Dials.