Winterville | Pop Up Festive Fun
Clapham Common is getting something not-so-common this festive season…
It’s back for another year, having debuted back in 2014 as a slightly cooler alternative to Winter Wonderland. It’s going to be taking over a vast area of the Common for the cold season, and stuffing it with a really rather ridiculous amount of rather ridiculously fun-sounding food stalls & activities.
To quench thirst and assassinate hunger, they’re bussing in regulars Street Feast & Truck Stop, who promise a vast lineup of traders. There’ll be bars too, including one at the Solo Craft Fair (which is, essentially, one big Christmas gift market), and plenty of snacks to be had in-between the various fairground rides. And besides all that? Weeeeell…
- Bus King Theatre – which promises a puppet show in a converted Routemaster bus transformed into a “mini Coliseum”.
- The Ice Rink – the open-air rink is 600 metres square and constructed from real ice.
- Twisted Wheels Roller Disco – which will be a family affair by day, and a cool nightclub-style venue by night.
- The Spiegeltent – expect live DJs, comedy, kid’s raves, Mexican wrestling and much more.
- Plonk Crazy Golf – expect a 9-hole, UV-powered indoor golf course situated in a converted Dodgems track.
- Chivaree Circus – specialising in “high-impact circus”, Chivaree Circus are debuting their new show CRASH here, with “heart-stopping acrobatics”.
- Talks from Funzing – including one on ‘The Science of Santa’.
And as a capper, they’re also going to have a giant, 3,000sq ft, ultra-magical, fairylit woodland labyrinth that leads to a pop up cinema. Read all about it HERE.
NOTE: Winterville is set to launch on November 15th (with the pop up cinema launching on October 15th). You can find out more, and book tickets HERE.
Winterville | Clapham Common, SW4 9DE
Like Theatre? Check out our guide to The Best London Theatre Shows right now.