Winterville | Pop Up Festive Fun
Clapham Common has got something not-so-common this festive season…
It’s back for another year, having debuted back in 2014 as a slightly cooler alternative to Winter Wonderland. It’s taken over a vast, festoon-lit area of the Common for the cold season, and stuffed it with a really rather ridiculous amount of rather ridiculously fun activities, food stalls, and more.
To quench thirst and assassinate hunger, they’ve bussed in regulars for the Street Feast hall & Truck Stop parking lot, with traders including Yum Bun, The Raclette Brothers, Fundi, and more. There’s bars too, including one at the Solo Craft Fair (which is, essentially, one big Christmas gift market), a festive cabaret bar inside a big top, and pop up chalets toting boozy hot chocolates and plenty of snacks to be had in-between the various fairground rides. And besides all that? Weeeeell…
- Bus King Theatre – which promises puppet shows in a converted Routemaster bus;
- The Ice Rink – the open-air rink is 600 metres square and constructed from real ice.
- Twisted Wheels Roller Disco – which is a family affair by day, and a cool nightclub-style venue by night.
- The Spiegeltent – expect live DJs (including an opening weekend 90s set from none other than Mel C), comedy, kids’ raves, Mexican wrestling and much more.
- Plonk Crazy Golf – a 9-hole, UV-powered indoor crazy golf course situated in a converted Dodgems track.
- Chivaree Circus – specialising in “high-impact circus”, Chivaree Circus are debuting their new show CRASH here, with “heart-stopping acrobatics”.
- Talks from Funzing – including one on ‘The Science of Santa’.
And as a capper, they’ve also got a giant, quirky, multi-roomed labyrinth that leads to a pop up festive cinema. Read all about it HERE.
NOTE: Winterville is open from Tues-Sun until 22nd December. Tuesdays are free entry, with prices from £2-5 for the rest of the week. You can find out more, and book tickets HERE.
Winterville | Clapham Common, SW4 9DE
Looking for more festive fun? Check out our ultimate guide to Christmas in London 2018