Barbican Membership X Basquiat Preview | Partner Content
PLEASE NOTE: This offer has now closed.
There’s an art to showing good art.
And the Barbican are about to put together one of their masterpieces – the very first large-scale exhibition in the UK dedicated to the legendary Jean-Michel Basquiat.
So to celebrate this momentous occasion The Barbican are exclusively offering Nudge readers membership for £34 instead of £50.
Behold a little more detail on exactly what you’re getting here:
Ordinarily, Barbican Membership costs £50 for a year, but you’re getting it for £34. It brings with it benefits like….
1. Unlimited free access to art gallery exhibitions,
2. 20% off Barbican cinema tickets,
3. Priority access to tickets before anyone else, for theatre, cinema, art and music events,
4. Special offers on tickets for music and theatre events,
5. Invitations to member-only events, including private previews, workshops (food, craft, design), talks, and Sunday screenings,
6. Entry to an exclusive private members’ bar for you and a guest, with new £5 cocktails & £10 bottles of wine each month,
7. Special offers at their in-house restaurants, Bonfire & Osteria,
8. 15% off at the Barbican Shop, a treasure trove that veritably overflows with cool gifts, limited edition prints, books, and stationery.
Aaaand then of course, there’s the thing everyone’s so hyped up about right now:
Jean-Michel Basquiat is a staggeringly tall figure in the world of modern art: entirely self-taught, he was an artist, poet and musician who grew up in New York during the vibrant sixties & seventies, drawing his inspiration from anatomical drawings, graffiti, bebop jazz and, like, a bunch of other things. In the Barbican’s new show Boom for Real, they’ve managed to pull together a whopping 100 of his finest works, including rare canvases, film, photography, and other artworks never seen in the UK before.
It’s a steal…
NOTE: This offer has sadly now finished, but you can still become a Barbican Member for £50 (and get free entry to Basquiat: Boom for Real, and their other exhibitions) right HERE.
ALSO NOTE: Basquiat: Boom for Real is due to run from September 21st until January 28th. Regular tickets cost £16, and you can find out all about it HERE.
Photo: © Edo Bertoglio, courtesy of Maripol. Artwork: © The Estate of Jean-Michel Basquiat. Licensed by Artestar, New York
The Nudge is an independent, searchable and highly-curated guide to the most interesting places to go and things to do in London, giving members unrestricted access to our full compendium of continually-updated restaurants, bars, events, exhibitions, date ideas, itineraries, member perks, weekend guides, monthly agendas and more – all delivered via our website, email newsletters & members’ app.
Join us to see what’s hot in London this week; to explore all of the recommendations & ideas stored within The Nudge’s website and members’ app; and to start making the most of life in London today. Start Free One Week Trial