The London shell Co All-Female Dinner Cruises
Women’s suffrage was ratified 100 years ago this year.
And it ended a lot of women’s suffering.
And to celebrate that fact, the London Shell Co. are going to launch a very special series of dinners onboard their canal-cruising boatstarant, with some of the city’s finest female culinary talent.
They’re invited guest chef Elizabeth Haigh (née Allen) – former head chef at the Michelin-starred Pidgin – onboard to helm the kitchen, while the decks will remain un-manned… because they’ll be staffed entirely by women, too.
The evenings week take place on Wednesdays throughout April from Paddington Central, and the wood-fired, Asian-inspired menu will include:
- Roasted oyster, sake, vinegar, butter
- Smoked mussels, courgette flower, togerashi
- Burnt spring onion pancake, lardo, peas, chilli, peashoots
- Purple sprouting broccoli, wild garlic miso, cured egg
- Barbecue beef onglet, 24-hour smoked cabbage
- Sides of bitter leaves and jersey royal new potatoes
- Strawberries, meringue, pandan mousse, sorrel
If you want, you can have it all paired with wines from female-only wine producers, which will be carefully chosen by top sommelier and head of Stannary Women’s Wine Club, Caroline Brangè.
NOTE: The London Shell Co.’s Suffrage anniversary dinners will take place on Wednesdays throughout April, departing from Paddington Central, and costing £45pp. You can find out more, and book yourself a ticket by heading to their website right HERE.
London Shell Co. | The Prince Regent, moored alongside Sheldon Square, W2 6EP
The London Shell Co does other dinners too… Check then out right HERE