Yes, we’re all sweating like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
We get it.
But here’s what you can do about it. To be precise, here are thirty – yes THIRTY – things you can do in London when the heat refuses to leave you alone…
1. Cool down on an ice cream crawl around Central London.
2. Order a frozen cocktail at one of the best rooftop bars in London.
3. Let off some steam at a beautifully retro London lido.
Book sessions here: Brockwell Lido | Parliament Hill Lido | London Fields Lido (download the Better app to book) | Charlton Lido (book via Better) | Hillingdon Lido (book via Better) | Park Road | Tooting Bec Lido | Hampton Pool
4. Top up your t-shirt tan by the canal at King’s Cross, with a scoop of raspberry ripple from Ruby Violet…
5. Sip a cider in the rooftop garden at quirky Spitalfields pub, The Culpeper.
6. Find your zen by a peacock-inhabited waterfall at Kyoto Garden in Holland Park.
7. Get into a high-octane pedalo race.
8. Watch a film as the sun goes down at an outdoor cinema
11. Dine out in a completely car-free Covent Garden
12. Strip off at Hampstead Heath and hit the swimming ponds.
Booking fills up quickly – head here.
13. Hit London’s food markets, build the picnic basket to end all picnic baskets
14. Break out a sweat on a crazy golf course.
15. Rent a boat for the day, and picnic on the water
16. Go to a free outdoor gig at Summer By The River
17. Take a dip in Stoke Newington’s open-air reservoir
18. Pretend you’re in Miami by playing shuffleboard outside.
19. Cool off in London’s only purpose-built swimming lake.
22. Dine al fresco on one of London’s loveliest summer terraces
23. Book in a visit to Kew Gardens.
24. Soak in the views from Alexandra Palace’s huge outdoor beer terrace.
25. Take a break from the heat, and go ice skating instead.
27. Cook your own BBQ atop a riverside shack.
29. Take in Canary Wharf’s Summer Lights trail
30. Watch the sun set while you sip negronis on the top of a multi-storey carpark at Frank’s Cafe.
Looking for more ways to cool off? Take a look at these 75 Outdoor London Date Ideas