Yes, we’re all sweating like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
We get it.
But here’s what you can do about it. To be precise, here are thirty – yes THIRTY – things you can do in London when the heat refuses to leave you alone…
1. Cool down on an ice cream crawl around Central London.
2. Order a frozen cocktail at one of the best rooftop bars in London.
3. Let off some steam at a beautifully retro London lido.
Book sessions here: Brockwell Lido | Parliament Hill Lido | London Fields Lido (download the Better app to book) | Charlton Lido (book via Better) | Hillingdon Lido (book via Better) | Park Road | Tooting Bec Lido (reopens 12th August)
4. Top up your t-shirt tan by the canal at King’s Cross, with a scoop of raspberry ripple from Ruby Violet…
5. Sip a cider in the rooftop garden at quirky Spitalfields pub, The Culpeper.
6. Find your zen by a peacock-inhabited waterfall at Kyoto Garden in Holland Park.
7. Get into a high-octane pedalo race.
8. Watch a film, old-school style, at a drive-in cinema
They’ll even deliver food and drinks to your car on roller skates.
Sample the unique local delicacies of er, street food, craft beers and frozen margaritas.
12. Strip off at Hampstead Heath and hit the swimming ponds.
Booking fills up quickly – head here.
13. Hit London’s food markets, build the picnic basket to end all picnic baskets
14. Break out a sweat on Plonk’s new nine-hole crazy golf course.
15. Rent a boat for the day, and picnic on the water
16. Eat seafood as the sun goes down at a (socially distanced) riverside supperclub
17. Take a dip in Stoke Newington’s open-air reservoir
18. Pretend you’re in Miami by playing shuffleboard outside.
19. Cool off in London’s only purpose-built swimming lake.
It won’t be as busy as this, obv.
22. Dine al fresco on one of London’s loveliest summer terraces
23. Book in a visit to Kew Gardens.
24. Listen to top comedians – for free – on Alexandra Palace’s huge outdoor beer terrace.
25. Take a break from the heat, and go ice skating instead.
27. Cook your own BBQ in a secret garden in Clapham.
29. Make bottomless cocktails at festoon-lit tropical beach paradise, The Beach Bar
30. Watch the sun set while you sip negronis on the top of a multi-storey carpark at Frank’s Cafe.
Looking for more ways to cool off? Take a look at our 100 London Date Ideas